Do you feel like this student?
I read your book. I don’t want to be sitting in a classroom where I’m treated like a machine and trained for the Industrial Age. I want to quit school. I don’t intend to stop learning, I want to read and visit all parts of the world but I don’t want to sit in the classroom anymore.
What you know :
- You can’t keep doing more of “schooling” trying to get better at it for the future.
- The world you will be in requires you to have an ability to understand intangible knowledge. Knowledge changes so fast that you need to know the WHY and the HOW behind the what.
- Children are different. Children must be treated differently.
- Our institutions are hopelessly obsolete. We will see one by one institutions collapse – An Institutional Hurricane Katrina.
What you need to know :
- You learn more outside of school than you do in school.
- Why shouldn’t we bring more of those outside people who know more (know anyone like this?) into our schools?
- Why not take kids out and show them how the world works?
- Mistake : they think we’re moving into a society which is more and more uniform. But we are moving from a mass-society to a diversified market. So why should everyone have the same type of education?
- Why can’t one student start at 5, another at 7……some learn at night, some in the morning, etc.etc.
Questions you need to ask:
- Why should you depend only on your schoolteachers to be the only ones providing useful knowledge?
- Why can’t you find other adults from the outside world who is capable of leading you and helping you make sense of this intangible knowledge you need to be aware of?
I want to hear your thoughts and comments.